Interview with Co-Author of Taming Change with Portfolio Management from Economic Perspectives Available
Posted by Hopeton on July 12, 2010
I interviewed Pat Durbin, co-author of Taming Change with Portfolio Management on the second segment of the July 12 Economic Perspectives on KAZI 88.7 FM. To listen to the interview click here: Pat Durbin Interview.
- Sharpening the focus of the organization to define and execute strategic decisions
- Restoring the balance between the demands placed on the organization and the resource capacities needed to meet them
- Establishing powerful metrics that drives management accountability
- Improving communications to unify the organization behind common objectives
- Reducing politics and interdepartmental silos
- Conducting effective investment analysis
- Minimizing the inefficiencies inherent in multi-tasking matrix organizations
- Addressing the changing make up of today’s workforce and how it impacts organizations
- Defining methods to prove the value created from putting strategies into practice
The authors bring to the readers more than 50 years of combined experience in implementing portfolio management initiatives in a variety of organization types, sizes and industry sectors around the world.
Durbin is the Chief Executive Officer and founder of Planview, Inc., a leading developer of portfolio management solutions. Durbin has worked with such companies as Deutsche Bank, Citigroup and Farmer’s Insurance to help align work, resources, and business objectives across their enterprise.